Journal of an Insomniac

An array of thoughts and ideas that keep me awake at night.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Insomnia Returns

"[Sleep is] the golden chain which ties health and our bodies together."-Thomas Dekker

Well, once again my insomnia has returned. I'm exhausted, and I can't seem to focus on anything very well. I recently broke down over a simple psychology assignment because I couldn't even formulate a sentence correctly, and spent hours staring at a blank screen with no idea how to finish (or even start) my work. Along with the insomnia, I've lost my appeptite and feel constantly weak and tired. I don't sleep very well at night, and any sleep that I do get happens between 6 and 11 am. Due to this, I've missed all but one day of school this week, which only increases my stress. I'm also troubled with strange and alarming dreams during these times where great harm always seems to come to people I care about.
Marc is a true blessing, especially during these times. He shares the burden of my stress and exhaustion with me, and he helps to do what is best for me. I know that it's hard for him to see me so weak and emotionally unstable. I don't know how I'd get through these times without him to encourage me. Thanks Marc.
This entry might be a little lacking in creativity or form, since I'm still pretty exhausted and not all there. It also doesn't help that there are three or four students next to me who can't seem to go five seconds without some blatant use of profanity. It's almost like a drug, and they're definitely addicted to it.
I know this vicious cycle of insomnia won't last forever, and when it's over, I hope I'll be back to more frequent and better written posts. Until then, I'll try and get some sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joanne (True Blue) said...

I know it's hard to do, Leanne, but sometimes when you can't sleep, the worry about it just makes it worse. I hope you can get you mind to focus on something calming and pleasant, and that you can drift off easily.

But try not to think about it too much. I know; easier said than done. Well you're not the only one who's ever had this problem, if that helps at all!

2:28 p.m.  
Blogger Leanne said...

Thanks Joanne. You're totally right about not focusing on it. It is hard to do, but it's also just about the only way to get through it. I'm glad I made it through this cycle now, and I won't need to worry about it for some time, I hope. The true challenge is in not worrying about insomnia even when it's staring you in the face. I haven't mastered that yet, but I hope that someday I can.

11:34 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home